Judgement and Serenity




At first I thought he was selfish when he said that.

He said: "sometimes..., I don't click"

O'Connell is an adventure photographer who goes to extreme ends to get his shots. He always talks about giving life to the pictures he take.

Well, it's true. Every click of his tend to say a story. But what he said earlier stirred my mind, like he didn't want anyone else to enjoy the beauty that's before him and wants to keep that to himself.

It was then where I realized that he wasn't done with his sentence, yet. 

He went on saying,

"..., I don't want the camera to distract me..., I simply stay at the moment enjoying it."

That felt like a punch in the face, I felt like a terrible person by judging him.

I understood that the problem was not with him, but within me, the way I see him.

It's better not to judge, ( it's true that we are humans) so try not to.

O'Connell went on saying, 

"Beautiful things don't seek for attention."


Note: This was going through my head during a particular scene from a movie called Secret life of Walter Mitty.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts